You mentioned that you have a thyroid disorder and you’re concerned about your two year-old son also having a thyroid problem. I suggest talking with your pediatrician about your observations and concerns, and based on their knowledge of his health history and your ability to ask more specific questions, they’ll determine if further investigation is warranted for that or other issues. Typically speaking, thyroid disorders and others are investigated when a person presents with symptoms associated with those problems. In the case of hyper or hypothyroidism, there are symptoms associated with each, so if a person comes in with those problems then the doctor may determine to either rule out or confirm that as the cause for the symptoms. Now you also wanted to know what you can do to prevent thyroid problems in your children, and because you have one that doesn’t necessary mean that your kids will. So again, if you ever have concerns about it, talk with the doctor and they’ll decide if anything needs to be done about it. If you have more questions in the future for me, feel free to ask them on our Facebook page at and recommend us to your friends and family too.